Friday 8 March 2013

Splurge Part 2


I can't believe I haven't blogged about this dress yet because I think it is the most professionally finished item I have ever made!


It was for my niece who was 1 year old in November. 


Look at that buttonhole - professional or what?!

The adorable fabric was bought in Sweden which adds to the quirkiness of it all.


The dress closes at each side with a button and elastic to get it over the child's head.

Now on to something my own size! This is the Hot Patterns 1070 Weekender Monaco Top & Dress pattern (why always such a mouthful?). I made it in a brown marl wool mix and lined with a stretchy satin.






I made the belt with the ends done in the lining fabric just to lift it a bit. I think it turned out ok for a first go. Although the sizing was good (unusual for me!) the look wasn't really what I was expecting. I think the knit was a bit heavy for that. But it is perfectly wearable and got a compliment on one of its first outings! yea!

And finally something for my sister's birthday.


This is the tote from the Sew Mama Sew! website.


This bit wasn't as hard as it looked!


It didn't turn out as big as I had thought it would but it is still a handy bag to have around.

She also got the infinity scarf that I have featured on facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment