Wednesday 23 May 2012

Does anyone else's workspace look like this??


At the minute, I have all these piles of fabrics lined up and ready to go. All I need is the time to get sewing!

I have been commissioned to make a baby quilt and as they don't know the gender yet, I want to give the recipient lots of choice. I also need simple designs so that I will actually be able to produce said goods on time. Lets' face it, the baby won't wait for me!


This is the first quilt to go - I'm thinking neutral could go either way. I am using a half square triangle simple pattern for this one. The backing fabric (the bottom one) was going for a song at my local sewing shop. The girl was throwing it in the scrap bin and literally hit me with it as I was hoking through. It was meant to be. It worked out about 60p per metre!


This is for a girl quilt but not too girly ie. no pink! Just going to go with basic charm squares for this one.


This is the more girly version.Not sure of a pattern yet but perhaps 9 patch of the Oh Fransson! variety with the plain pale turquoise as the alternate squares.



And to celebrate the "Jubilolympics" and just about every other British thing that seems to be happening this year - a red white and blue rail fence for a boy.
Many of these fabrics I purchased in Spain so are a bit different from all the usual designers that you see. If you are interested I have a few pieces on my Etsy site for sale.

I think that covers all my bases as I also have another boy's and girl's quilt in progress - did I mention them already???

The other bundles are for me to make myself something - when is that ever likely to happen??!



1 comment:

  1. Those are some great combinations! Oh, and your sewing space looks so much more orgnaized than mine - my color-combo piles are usually on my ironing board (I press in between them), and my sewing tables has my machine, a laptop (for easy posting to blogs and Flickr), my cutting area, and lots and lots of bits and bobs of trimmed fabric!

    ReplyDelete